Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Memories!!

Last night I was fortunate to get together with 3 of my former college roommates! Brittney Johnson, Jenny Nudd and Rebekah. These three girls filled up every good memory I had of SNOW COLLEGE!
Jenny... was my room roommate. She had top bunk! I knew Jenny from High School (She was the most popular girl!) I was so excited that she wanted me to be her roommate. I think I might have begged her. I remember her alarm going off at a ghastly hour and then I would hear a thug as she would throw herself to the floor. She did this daily and I don't think she was ever fully awake when this would take place. Another fond memory...Jenny would kill me if she knew I wrote this. It was Halloween or close to it. We had just come back from one of her concerts and she was wearing a black shirt with a brown (tight) leather jumper and black tights. I was upstairs when she was downstairs making out with a guy who will remain anonymous. She came upstairs hours later and her tights were completely twisted around her entire body as well as her leather jumper. Jenny you were my hero! I have always looked up to you and admired you!
Brittney Johnson... Lived upstairs with the other 7 Girls. I remember she was the last to arrive and we were all talking about her. I was so excited to meet another Brittney! She arrived and started telling us stories about Russia. I instantly was just fascinated with her. I have two favorite memorys of Brittney J. 1...When Mary and I went with you to Spansih Fork to go to your Young Women Activity. Well your little car died and your Dad came. I have never met a man that cracked me up as much as he. I think he actually bumped your car with his off the road. 2... The night you and I stayed up all night long talking on the couch. We even did finger paintings. You were the best! I felt such a kindred spirit with you! I am so happy you have come back into my life!
Bekah... Lived upstairs! I remember the first time I met you. I went upstairs and you were sitting in the chair with your curly hair with a pink ribbon in it. I thought to myself...I am going to be friends with her. I have so many memories of Snow College with you. You and I were such a duo. Some of my favorite were when we had the great idea of dumping water on Mary and Stacie as they walked up the stairs from there dates. I remember thinking that Stacie was going to kill us. I remember our film class that we had and the bright idea we had to make our film on "The Farm Boys". Do you remember going over there and waking them up. I only remember how badly it stunk. Another memory I have is when we came home for a weekend. We were driving around in my little CRV and you had been carrying around a tissue that had Kevin's cologne on it. You had it constantly pressed up to your nose. I asked if I could smell it... I smelled it and then lifted my hand through the sunroof and let go of it. I don't know why but to this day I still laugh about that.
Even though I was there for such a short time...I am filled with so many funny, great memories of Snow College. I love you three!!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

I laughed so hard at the story about throwing the Kevin tissue out the sunroof - awesome!!!

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha!!!! I am crying because I'm laughing so hard at that tissue story. Oh my gosh . . . Lame!!! I remember the twisted tights too! And the water - Stacie's reaction scared the crap out of me! We dumped the entire pot of water on her and she didn't scream or anything - just kept walking up the stairs and went straight into her room. She was so eerily calm that it was scary. I thought she would run out and stab us all to death! Oh Man! We had some fun times! :) Do you remember when we used to throw garlic powder in with Shalys' clothes in the dryer. Or was it Jamie's clothes. Ooooooo - I can't wait til next week when we can laugh about all these stories again. :)

Rebekah said...

ps - I completely forgot about the Farm Boy's movie. I don't think we ever went back to class to even turn it in. Ha ha ha!!!!

Jenny Nudd said...

So... today is December 15th, 2009 and as I came into class today a few of my students mentioned, to the class, that they had looked up my name on Google. Well, would you guess is, my name came up on Brittany and Morgan's blog. Well, they had to read on to see if it had something to do with me. Well, it definately had something to do with me and my Flooziness! And now as I'm walking down the hall way I have kids asking me if I still have my leather jumper and fish nets!!! My innocent teacher routine is no more, but in a way I'm kind of relieved to know that my kids don't think I'm a complete prude!!! Ha Ha. I'm a little embarrassed, but a little proud, too!
Love you Brit! My kids absoltuely adore your blog. In fact, can't stop talking about it!
Love ya!