Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Morgan's First Post

Well let me let you guys know that I have never had this big of an audience. This may the be the second time I have ever blogged. My beautiful Brittney didn't feel like updating everybody on the adoption status. Well let me begin from the start........

I am terrible with dates so I am not going to give you any, because frankly I couldn't. Anyways, a couple of weeks ago our case worker was speaking with a birth mom that was indecisive on placing her baby. She has had 10 couples profiles with her to help her decide, but didn't see any that stood out to her. While in our case worker's office she noticed our brochure that we had made for our adoption yard sale (thanks again for all that helped with that). Well she read the brochure and really liked it. Come to find out that she had our profile for about 4 months and she didn't realize it. Things were said and the birth mom and her mom wanted to see us. She wanted to put a face on the whole process and hoped it would help her make a definite decision.

We were okay with this and had a great meeting with the two of them. The mom was very nice and supportive of her daughter. The daughter was very nice, but definitely had a lot to think about. All in all, the meeting went awesome and our case worker even thought so. (I thought this was very funny, but the birth mom said that I was just like her. Quiet and laid back is the only way to be!)

Currently, we are waiting for her to make this very difficult decision and she is due tomorrow! Well we hope she makes the decision that is right for her and we can only hope for the best. All I can do right now is hug and kiss my nervous wreck of a wife. Good thing she is still super cute even in the state that she is in.

Well thanks for listening and I am going to tell all my signature sign off.

Thompson Out!

(this is always how you will know its the Morgster)

7 comments:

Kim said...

Good Luck!! I think of you guys often. I hope that the right things works out with the adoption.

Jenilyn said...

I'm crossing my fingers...keeping you in my prayers...and picturing in my mind that this will happen for you guys!

The Allen Family said...

I think that is the sweetest thing that you said you hoped she made the decision that was best for her. You guys rock! And I'm totally praying for you. Good luck!

Meredith said...

Oh! Good luck! I truly hope that this goes well for you!

Sara (Ferreira) Haslam said...

Good luck guys! You're in my thoughts and prayers!!

Cassie said...

Wishing, hoping, praying... and drinking lots of pepsi and eating donuts and caramel corn for you.

Love you!

Danielle said...

I'll keep my fingers, toes and anything else I can cross on my body, crossed. Prayers are being sent your way. Be sure to keep us updated and good luck!